[linux-audio-dev] image problem

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Nov 13 11:10:01 UTC 2002

>Another difficulty with the GPL its somewhat sketchy legal basis.  (OT for
>LAD... Google if you want to know more).

the GPL is a contract freely entered into by the copyright owner and
the licensee. if the contract is held to be invalid, there is no
contract. at that point copyright law denies everyone except the
copyright holder any rights (except fair use) regarding the copyright
work.

i suppose you could call this sketchy. or not. ymmv.

>I've noticed that Dual licencing GPL/Commercial seems to fit in with the
>corporate mindset, however.  (e.g. Mysql).  Ardour/Libardour could go this
>route if all the developers desired it.

unlikely, but not impossible.

--p