[linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed Nov 13 19:49:01 UTC 2002

> I've created a package which extracts the firmware for MidiSport devices
> from the Windows driver files and installs the hotplug script to download
> the firmware. You can get it at
> <http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html>.
>
> There are some differences to Lars Doelle's GPL firmware:
> - it supports MidiSport 4x4/8x8/Keystation/Oxygen
> - no configuration file editing, just 'make install'
> - it requires ALSA because the Midiman firmware doesn't conform to the USB
>   MIDI specification
>
> I don't have a MidiSport device, so this is completely untested.

GREAT!!! It works!

Just tried it with current alsa cvs and the firmware loads and alsa
likes it (well, almost, I still have problems with sequencer playback
from muse, I have to try rebuilding muse from scratch).

I tested it with an Oxigen8 and a Midisport 2x2. Do you happen to know
if the Midiman Quattro midi interface could use this method as well?

Now I have to create packages for all this :-)
-- Fernando