[linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 14 16:05:00 UTC 2002

> > I've created a package which extracts the firmware for MidiSport devices
> > from the Windows driver files and installs the hotplug script to download
> > the firmware. You can get it at
> > <http://www.informatik.uni-halle.de/~ladischc/midisport_linux_firmware.html>.
> >
> > There are some differences to Lars Doelle's GPL firmware:
> > - it supports MidiSport 4x4/8x8/Keystation/Oxygen
> > - no configuration file editing, just 'make install'
> > - it requires ALSA because the Midiman firmware doesn't conform to the USB
> >   MIDI specification
> >
> > I don't have a MidiSport device, so this is completely untested.
>
> GREAT!!! It works!
>
> Just tried it with current alsa cvs and the firmware loads and alsa
> likes it (well, almost, I still have problems with sequencer playback
> from muse, I have to try rebuilding muse from scratch).

Well, I think it was just stale preferences in Muse that were causing
the errors. I started activating all the tracing options in Muse, got
lots of printouts and at some point I did a "Save Preferences" and after
that it was working fine, both input and output. Hmmm, I thought that at
some point I did erase all the .files related to Muse, maybe I missed
one?

Anyway, it is working now...
-- Fernando