[linux-audio-dev] libsndfile failure

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Sun Nov 17 15:07:01 UTC 2002

On 17 Nov 2002 20:41:37 +0100
Miha Tomsic <miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si> wrote:

> 	Hello!
>
> I keep getting strange problems with libsndfile 1.0.1 lib. I first
> noticed it running sweep and then I went back to libsndfile source and
> tried out ht etests and they die at reading wav files.
>
> josef:/usr/src/libsndfile-1.0.1/tests$ ./write_read_test wav
>     pcm_test_char       : char.wav ..........
>
> Line 314: sf_open (SFM_RDWR) failed : File contains data in an
> unimplemented format.

I sometimes see problem like this when I have made changes in the libsndfile
internal headers and the Makefile doesn't pick up the dependancies properly.

My suggestion is to follow these steps:

   1) Delete you current libsndfle source tree all together.
   2) Untar/gunzip a new tree.
   3) ./configure
   4) make
   5) make check

Also make sure to check the output of the ./configure.

Report back what you find :-).

Erik