[linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 05:24:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:55:25 +1000, Stoll, Jake wrote:
> > that, if not I
> > will probably just move to always using bridge-<pid>. ¿comments?
>
> The only thing I don't like about the <jack-client-name>-<pid> idea is when
> you've got applications (ardour) that try to re-establish previous jack
> connections it can't.
>
> I'm not sure that you'd want to do this with the meterbridge but it's
> something that needs to be handled if we want to be able to save and restart
> a "jack session".

Well, there should be a standardised switch to jack clients that makes
them use a given jack name, we´ve mentioned this before. I suggest
--jack-name. votes¿

I dont like using pids because it looks messy, maybe jack could provice an
eqivalent to tmpname (or whatever its called), so you could call
jack_unique_name("bridge") and get back "bridge-1" the first time and
"bridge-2" the second for example.

- Steve