[linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Oct 5 04:44:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 06:33:28 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> the place where its tricky is with a port that has JackPortIsTerminal
> marked:
>
> 	wherever  ---> input port |

I dont know why JackPortIsTerminal matters, the tricky part is when you
have several outputs:

foo ------.
           \
bar --------> alsa_pcm:out_1
           /
foo ------'

becomes

foo ------.
           \
bar --------> meter --- alsa_pcm:out_1
           /
foo ------'

> i'll try to think more about how i believe this should be done. i
> don't think that connecting/reconnecting is right.

Given the current system I believe that it is. Though I am maybe
connection happy.

There are some equivalent systems where connections to inputs are alowed:

           \
bar --------> alsa_pcm:out_1
           / \
               `--> meter

I wouldn't like to say if this is a good idea. Obviously it would help
here, but it may make the graph code more complicated and confuses the
semantics of connections.

- Steve