[linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4

Tom stillone at snowcrest.net
Sat Oct 5 14:43:00 UTC 2002

To me, serial metering is a kludge.  Taps are the way.  Metering is a
visual form of monitoring.  I would like to see jack provide the ability
to tap any port, input or output, audio or control data, for monitoring
purposes.  This monitoring could be meters, solo while tracking, control
room outs, and anything else that ardour doesn't do.  Monitoring doesn't
have any dependencies downstream, so graph issues are minimal.  Maybe
the client api could include a way of allowing clients to write to jack
monitor buffers, so that each client doesn't need to implement its own
metering/monitoring/solo scheme.

Tom