[linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4

Paul Davis pbd at op.net
Tue Oct 8 10:14:00 UTC 2002

>Heh, this is free software. We just need consensus and someone willing to
>get thier hands dirty ;)
>
>I'm trying to understand how the graph sorting code works, AFAICT despite
>comments to the contrary there are no (or few) places in the graph code
>where it assumes that there are only connections from outputs to inputs. I

thats correct. originally, the distinction seemed important but there
is really nowhere that it matters at this time. what does matter is
probably a buglet that needs fixing anyway. jack_port_get_buffer()
should do the right thing one way or another - get the buffer
currently being used as the data source/sink for this port, which for
an input port will depend on whether it is connected or not. there
might also be an issue with the sorting code graph traversal checking
only input or output ports during part of its operations.

--p