[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Oct 19 04:50:00 UTC 2002

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 11:42:34 -0700, Tom wrote:
> > Things like jack have to be graphically wrappered or hidden too, no
> > scrolling text windows of xruns. The occasionaly discussed jack session
> > saving gizmo would be a knock dead feature.
>
> And any offering to the general public that doesn't contain this feature
> will probably end up just plain dead.  Be patient.

I'm not a patient man ;) Is nayone working on this? I have some ideas, I
could deveote a few hours to it over the next week.

My current thinking is that it should communicate with the jack sockets,
using hte existing jack callback mechanism (which means it needs to be
mediated by jackd).

Better to get it working *before* there are too many jack apps to add
support into.

- Steve