[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Tom stillone at snowcrest.net
Sat Oct 19 18:34:00 UTC 2002

> > >The occasionaly discussed jack session
> > > saving gizmo would be a knock dead feature.
> >
> > And any offering to the general public that doesn't contain this feature
> > will probably end up just plain dead. Be patient.
>

> I'm not a patient man ;)

I didn't mean you.  I meant that anyone interested in announcing linux
audio to the world should wait until this level of functionality is
present.  I'm not suggesting that anyone delay development of the gizmo.

The closest thing that I have used is OMS on the mac.  It's quite
different than a jack environment but it does allow me to save synth
midi routings and send/receive channels, and provides synth names to
midi apps so I can refer to them directly in my sequencer app.

Tom