[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 20 16:41:00 UTC 2002

On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 02:53:14 +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Some of us have really been trying for a while now. I think they would
> have to do something if they were overwhelmed with success stories from
> our community. But that requires people to pull finger and actually
> write to the publications and inform them. A campaign along these lines
> could be extremely effective at gathering publicity.

Or anoyning people in the industry. My experince of music proffesions in
the UK is that they are largly interested in what we have to offer, but I
think they will rapidly loose interest if we keep pestering them.

I'm sure that I can get column inches in the music press convering linux,
but I can do that *once*. If it turns out to be interesting to people out
there I'm sure it will continue. SOS for example run PC and Apple Notes
sections, a Linux Notes section would be a great platorm for our work, but
badgering the edtiors for one just isn't going to help.

- Steve