[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]

Sebastien Metrot meeloo at noos.fr
Tue Oct 22 12:15:01 UTC 2002

There is this annoying kind of double talk in the OSS comunity: many people
just talk about how great OSS are and how every body should start using it
and all that kind of stuff, but as soon as you ask for some professional
behaviour from the apps and from the developers the only answer one gets is
"hey, we're just a bunch of volunteers, how can you be that arrogant and ask
this feature/effort from me?". The point is this: do people here wants LAD
to become professional or just stay a bunch of cool guys doing cools things
in their garage? Of course good support will mean some exchange of money at
a moment or another but you will never get any money from the public with
half working drivers and half done apps...

With all due respect,

Sebastien