[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem

Anthony avan at uwm.edu
Tue Oct 22 22:51:00 UTC 2002

* Ivica Bukvic <ico at fuse.net> [Oct 22 02 20:16]:

> I am thankful for Jack, but at the same time that does not mean there
> should be no criticism. If you are referring to me criticizing Paul's
> statements, then how do we dare criticize Linus Torvalds for letting OSS
> happen? After all, he is the one who made Linux, without him Linux would
> have never been. And since we use it, should we simply shut up and use
> it with OSS? ;-)

Theres quite some difference between constructive criticism and saying
that something is broken or incomplete because it doesn't meet
your needs, despite being told over and over that your needs were never
the objective of the system in the first place or there is no
manpower devoted to achieving what you want right now.

I sincerely hope this thread can come to an end now or turn into
something slightly less sour. So agree to disagree? Please? ;)

--ant