Music N style sw w/ JACK-support (was: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem)

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 09:02:01 UTC 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 01:16:31 +0200, pdq808 at t-online.de wrote:
> Actually, this is no longer current. Check the pd list archive for
> newer approaches to pd jackification. Personally, I now use Günther
> Geiger's patch applied to pd 0.35 and it works quite well. Together
> with the plugin~ object for LADSPA plugins the patched pd can be used
> as effect rack for ardour.

I've used both (both are available as RPMs from Planet CCRMA), and they
are good, but I think that the plugin~ object is a bit awkward, and I
couldn't express all LADSPA ports in message objects (some problem with
spaces I think).

Has anyone considered a plugin~ object where the LADSPA control ports are
k-rate pd ports? Or or there good reasons for not doing it that way.

- Steve