[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Oct 24 03:45:00 UTC 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:24:48 -0700, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:45:27AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> >
> > No, it will not be bandlimited. I'l have to think about how to do this.
> > Maybe just by using an oversampled Chebyshev(sp?) and increasing harmonic
> > level with the amplitude.
>
> it'll probably help that this will typically be run in front of
> some kind of lowpass filter.  unfiltered overdrive is harsssshhhhhh.

You say that like its a bad thing ;) But yes.

Looking at the scope traces from that guys site (which I will read later
today), there is some fairly serious HP filtering going on sometime after
one of the amp stages. Its not that suprising, it seems to be one of the
things that gives 303's there distinctive bite, and might play well with
further waveshaping stages.

- Steve