[linux-audio-dev] Fwd: Opinions on running VST or DirectX plugins on Linux in real time

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Oct 24 10:30:01 UTC 2002

David,
   Actually, if I wanted to get my hopes up, I would have asked for Pro
Tools running under wine. Now that would be quite an accomplishment...

   Being that I'm just a user type, I actually don't understand why this
sort of thing doesn't actually work. PTLE has it's own hardware. No one
talks to it except Pro Tools. I'd love to be able to run it, output Pro
Tools audio on the ADAT interface, and pipe it digitally back into my RME
running Ardour and other jack enable apps. That doesn't actually require the
wine audio to become jack enabled. It just requires a speedy computer to run
Pro Tools + whatever disk subsystem necessary to move PTLE audio.

   Now that would be a fun Linux audio box! ;-)

   I won't be getting my hopes up anytime soon... (Unless some tells me it
already works!!)

Cheers,
Mark