[linux-audio-dev] Wave Editors

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 24 19:30:01 UTC 2002

I just spent several hours last night comparing three different editors.
 Basically, all of them have something to recommend, and
I plan on keeping all of them on my system.  The skinny:

Snd:  My old favorite.  Easy to use, keeps getting better, but a bit
ugly still.  Nonetheless, I know how to use, and I like it and recommend
you give it a try.

Sweep:  Loads of fun, fast, pretty, nice use of LADSPA plugins.  Still
no way to record directly into the program from an external source. and
the "scrubby" virtual stylus, while loads of fun, can get a bit tedious.
 Still, a useful app to have around.

Audacity:  Nifty, very fast, LADSPA support, offers direct recording and
nice undo feature.  May become my bread-and-butter 2-track editor.

HTH
-dgm