[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sat Oct 26 18:28:01 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>but it doesn't look that familiar, and I can't read norwegian, so maybe
>there is a translation out there. Definately the same code though.

i can decipher some (danish and swedish, though i could not
tell one from the other :), but it doesn't seem to contain
anything you don't know already. thanks.

>I just more than doubled its speed BTW (using Andrew Simpers pow(2,x)
>aproximation and some hackery). I'm still not convinved that it should be

that is great to hear! i can almost see the box glowing from
the heat when the valves are turned on. the iir 'convolver',
btw, suffers greatly when competing for the cache with other
plugins now (8-9% @ 64/44.1). think i'll try the floats again.
though the k6 really is cache-starved compared to modern cpus.

>used for all the stages, I suspect a chebychev would be better for the
>output, it would also alow us to model different amps with the same code.
>We'd need to calculate the added harmonics from an amp though, maybe by
>putting a sin through and FFTing it.

i've uploaded yet another recording, line-sine-16.flac, which
contains the line out (left) and the sine that went in. seems
our total transfer function until that point needs more work.

tim