[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun Oct 27 12:53:00 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>I have a reasonable bass sound now:
>ecasound -i jack_alsa,in_1 -o jack_alsa,out_1 -el:valve,0.6,0.7 -efh:25
>-el:inv -el:valveRect,0.5,0.6 -el:inv -el:sinusWavewrapper,2
>-el:valve,0.7,0.8 -efh:30 -el:unmatched

i take -efh:25 to mean 25 Hz hipass ... looking at the filter
code in there right now. i still need your new valve and rect
implementations to evaluate the right thing.

>It uses about 6% CPU on my athlon, and I'm sure that would be less if it
>were combined into one plugin.

is that with a 64 frames block size? that's about 1/3 of what
the k6 should take.

>I got my girlfriend to try it (she used to play bass a lot), and she said
>it sounded pretty good. Its a bit muddy still, but I'm not really sure
>where thats coming from, possibly excesive use of the valve code.

still some higher-order harmonics missing, i think.

>The inv plugin is just an inverter, ecasound proabaly has one built in.

i use Gain(-1). got to release this darn host sometime, the
processor itself runs stable enough.

tim