[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Sun Oct 27 13:16:01 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>> forgot to ask ... you mean emulate a 'preamp', filter and
>> apply a 'power amp' [and filter again] and a 'cabinet'
>> stage i guess?
>
>Yes, I'm not sure what the interrealtion between the cabinet and code is
>though - I think a simple cabinet delay line + your IIR filter would be a
>good place to start.

the 'under-damped' behaviour, as Tom put it, of the power amp
may need to be taken care of. another interrelation of interest
is probably between the output transformer and the speaker, but
this is where i know next to nothing about.

>I've fixed the wah noise in the second one I posted, it was due to a
>combination of things (lack of inverters, excessive valve settings, lack
>of lowcut).

still working on the HP, i only have a generic IIR in my code
which is quite slow, and like to fix/extend as i use the stuff.

tim