[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 27 18:00:00 UTC 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 08:58:10 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> >ecasound -i jack_alsa,in_1 -o jack_alsa,out_1 -el:valve,0.6,0.7 -efh:25
> >-el:inv -el:valveRect,0.5,0.6 -el:inv -el:sinusWavewrapper,2
> >-el:valve,0.7,0.8 -efh:30 -el:unmatched
>
> god save our glorious steve! this is really beginning to sound
> like an amp. i've found it sounds better for the guitar if the
> first hipass is set to something like 100-600 Hz, my personal
> pref is 600 (on my 'real' amp, the 'bass' pot is set to zero).

Cheers :) I have no real idea what it shouldsound like, so I just tweaked
it until it sounded OK. I think the key is the sinus, it gives the double
dump from the british amp scope-shot.

> fiddling with the second hipass creates some interesting sounds,
> but 30 Hz seems a good compromise.
>
> any thoughts how to tackle the compression issue?

Yeah, fix the rectifier. I had a quick look at it and it looks like I did
something fairly obvious (its basicly a compressor, but with a waveshaper
instead of a linear gain).

- Steve