[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Oct 27 18:07:00 UTC 2002

On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 09:04:42 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> >On Sun, Oct 27, 2002 at 02:41:17PM +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
> >> forgot to ask ... you mean emulate a 'preamp', filter and
> >> apply a 'power amp' [and filter again] and a 'cabinet'
> >> stage i guess?
> >
> >You forgot a couple - then there's the mic, the mic placement,
> >and the room... there's no end to the madness! :)

I think I know how to model the mic placement, model of mic is going a
little far just now ;)

Whats a typical arangement for speaker cones? I remeber seeing single cone
(obviously) and 2x2.

> and then there's PW who's going to code a physical model of
> sound transmission through gaseous media, accurate down to
> the molecule while giving rather than taking cpu cycles!
>
> his code is going to include a variety of media, including
> simulated smoke from various, partly legal sources ...

Dont joke, I remeber seeing a paper about modelling smoke filled air
recently. They didn't say what kind of smoke, but it most have been
something potent if they wanted to model it ;)

The killer plugin would model the acoutstics of a studio when you've just
got in from the pub, its 2am, you've just created a really great sound and
you're too drunk to find a blank DAT ;)

- Steve