[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Oct 28 09:43:01 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 01:56:34 +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
>> >how are you plugging in your guitar?
>> >if it's a guitar with passive electronics and you're going
>> >straight to the A/D converter, i'd expect it to be
>> >overly sensitive to the volume control.
>>
>> yes, it's passive, two humbuckers. it's going through the
>> mixer first, the signal's not strong enough to go AD directly.
>> playing to the control out instead of through the box, the
>> vol pot sensitivity is what you expect.
>
>Thats something that worried me, I seem to remeber that the sound of a
>guitar changes if its not impedance matched with the AD converter. I'm
>pretty sure, mine doesn't match passive guitars. My bass is active though,
>and I dont have any DI boxes, so no choice anyway.

likewise here. anyone knows a suitable AD box that can
team up with coaxial digital in?

using the mixer as preamp probably isn't the best solution,
but it works ok so far and gives some flexibility. i'd like
to make use of the digital in though, two-channel AD is a
bit restricting (m-man audiophile 24/96).

>> >I want to get a chance to try this for myself :(
>> >(too busy)
>>
>> ditch those web pages! it's only money ... ;)
>
>Sleep is for the weak (or is that week) ;)

yeah, coffee is cheap (better than counting sheep) ;)

tim