[linux-audio-dev] web/smtp hosting suggestions wanted

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Oct 28 12:03:00 UTC 2002

folks on ardour-dev and jack-devel will be aware of the email
nightmare i have faced over the last 4 weeks when it comes to using
any sf.net hosted mailing lists. first, my existing ISP destroyed the
SMTP configuration of the domain my email is sent to. then i
registered linuxaudiosystems.com with jumpline.net, and it turns out
that they too do not have their SMTP configuration correct. both
situations mean that sf.net's use of exim3's SMTP callback system for
verifying email sender addresses fail with either pbd at op.net or
paul at linuxaudiosystems.com and i have been unable to send mail to any
sf.net mailing list for more than a month.

i am writing to see if anyone has any experience of any web/smtp
hosting services that are (1) definitely configured to permit SMTP
callbacks to work correctly (2) appropriately priced (i.e. cheap!) and
(3) preferably handle domain transfers smoothly and efficiently.

i've set reply-to so that replies come to me rather than the
list. thanks for your input.

--p