[OT] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

David Gerard Matthews dgm4+ at pitt.edu
Mon Oct 28 17:37:22 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:50:52 -0800, Tom wrote:
>

>OK, can someone recommend a DI box I can buy in europe for a reasonable
>ammount of money? Studiospares lists a range from E50 (behringer) to E460
>(MTR) +tax.
>
>19" and XLR output is perferable, but I can live without either.
>
>- Steve

I use a PreSonus BlueTube - stereo, comb DI/mic pre, with optional tube
stage.  It set me back about $160 US a
year ago and I think goes for less now.  I believe there's also a mono
version.  It's a bit noisy with quiet audio
when used with sensitive condensors, but it works very nicely as a DI
box and sounds especially great on bass.
1/3 rack space 19", with XLR out.
-dgm