[linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Mon Oct 28 18:11:01 UTC 2002

Steve Harris wrote:

>The chebyshev is a way of generating specific harmonics, eg. you can
>output the fundamental + the 2nd harmonic at -6dB, the 4th at -16, the 6th
>at -21, etc. You can't easily control the phase though.

gee, i remember. i've just taken a look at harmonic_gen_1220,
this must be what you mean. fine if it sounds good, but it's a
serious argument for getting hold of a few more MHz, i bet. :)

>> i don't think phase shifting will make a difference (and if
>> it does, it's good to know you can fix it ;)

will not make a difference unless we apply another shaper, now
i understand. i don't think we'll need another if the chebyshev
does well.

tim