[linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Oct 30 15:39:01 UTC 2002

 >IMO it would be much better if the link to details about the card would
 >not say "Install' but instead indicate that details about the card can
 >be found there (alsa soundcard matrix), I mean the column is named
 >appropriately drivers&docs but the item in column is always 'Install'.
 >It has mostly install info but also module options, known bugs etc.

But it's hard to think of another word that is more appropriate.

I think that for many people once they have found the link for their
card they will bookmark that and use the matrix very rarely after. Once
that is done the Matrix becomes near meaningless to an average user.

For people who haven't found the page yet they are most likely looking
for instructions about how to install the card. So INSTALL seems very
appropriate there.

However if people only want information about a prospective card it is a
different story. In that case a different word could be more
instructive. It would be nice to find the right one :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem