[linux-audio-dev] Count me in! Linux definitively needs a good sampler!

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Thu Oct 31 03:20:01 UTC 2002

> PS: I suggest to go into planning mode for a while in order to sort out
> things a bit and lay out an elegant design concept in order to avoid
> the usual spaghetti code projects.
>
> thoughts ?

There's nothing i'd like to do more than joining this project! I'm sure
all the fellow audio musicans here think the same. Linux definitively
needs a good sampler, and now that latency and timing have improved
SO much, a full featured Linux sampler would be the end-of-all
dreams for a musican! Imagine steaming those awesome
gigapianos, or the miroslav orchestral CD compilations,
or those kickass john williams guitar sample CDs,
or those chorale sets, jazz ensembles, etc that
you can find on inet.
Cmon, let's join together and give GIGA and HALION
a run for their money.

Juan Linietsky