[linux-audio-dev] I think that what he means is even more important than recognition...

Juan Linietsky coding at reduz.com.ar
Thu Oct 31 13:36:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:14:59 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Ron Kuper, VP of Engineering at Cakewalk writes, on vst-plugins:

> That said, we would welcome any effort to unify
> VST/DirectX/DMO/OPT/MFX/ReWire/TDM/RTAS/MAS/AU/JACK/LADSPA/... ad-infinitum
> into a single cross-platform plugin API, developed and maintained by an
> appropriate trade organization or standards group.  The proliferation of
> incompatible standards makes VHS vs. Betamax look like child's play.  Our
> industry needs to unite on this point for more reasons than I can list here.

That sure is awesome!

We should organize a meeting with the cakewalk guy and other grups
with a proposal.. We could develop some draft here in the lad
groups and invite other open groups to participate too
(openal, beos advocates, etc). An open, cross platform plugin/routing api
could sure give us a huge boost!

Cheers

Juan Linietsky