[linux-audio-dev] Basic information

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Thu Sep 19 13:56:28 UTC 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:08:16 +0100 (BST)
Ross Clement <R.P.Clement at westminster.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi. Could anyone point me to some very basic information to give me some
> idea of programming for sound in linux.
>
> I have previously programmed sound on Silicon Graphics machines and
> Sun machines.

The older OSS aufio layer is very similar to that of Solaris.

> I'm thinking about linux in the context of *possibly* building a cross-
> compiler (source code to source code),

What do you mean "source code to source code"?

Traditionally, a cross compiler compiles source on one machine into binary
for another machine.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
" ... new TV ad for Microsoft's Internet Explorer e-mail program which
uses the musical theme of the "Confutatis Maledictis" from Mozart's
Requiem. "Where do you want to go today?" is the cheery line on the
screen, while the chorus sings "Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus
addictis,". This translates to "The damned and accursed are convicted
to the flames of hell."