[linux-audio-dev] nice quote from mix [ob: linux]

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Apr 2 14:19:00 UTC 2003

Eddie Ciletti, reviewing the Soundscape-32:

"Automation and control-surface options deserve mention because Mackie
has probably done more to push development in this area than any other
company has since its aquisition of Soundscape. Randomly mating
controllers and workstations yields mixed results and often minimal
functionality. You expect the faders, mutes and transport controls to
work. But plug-ins vary greatly and present a challenge to
developers. That's why Mackie's claim that its control interfaces
seamlessly with Soundscape-32 is so encouraging.

I think it would be great if a little DIY software package was
included with every controller and workstation so that users with lots
of time on their hands can bring all of the pieces together. As with
LINUX, people should be able to contribute their work toward the
common good. Meanwhile, back in reality land, I tested Soundscpe-32
with CM Labs' Motor-Mix, focusing on faders, balance, mute and
transport controls because those were the required tasks at that
project's stage. My only request is to be able to access Console
Manager from more than just the mystery icon at the bottom-right
corner of Window's System Tray."