[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Taxonomy

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 5 12:22:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 10:44:01AM -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Steve, what about time compression/expansion, the harmonics generator,
> and the all-important karaoke plugin ?

Hmm... I hadn't though about time compression etc. as its not allowed in
LADSPA.

I suggest that a system that categorises non-LADSPA stuff in the same
taxnomy (which is fine) adds its own subcategoryies for it (which is also
fine).

The harmonics generator is a waveshaper, though it probably belongs in
generators too?

Karaoke is probably a utility.

- Steve