[linux-audio-dev] lock-free ring buffer code

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Apr 8 11:19:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 01:10:17PM +0200, Ingo Oeser wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:08:51PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> > On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:15:09 +0200, Ingo Oeser wrote:
>
> But our solutions combined will give maximum effectiveness. Your
> masked adressing in indexes removes most of the branches left in
> my lock_free_fifo scheme.
>
> It might be worth to code that all up to have a GPLed high
> performance fifo scheme.

have a look at libvrb. it implements a ringbuffer mapped to 2 adjacent
pages. so you can copy the data in and out with 1 memcpy...

sort of mmapped ringbuffer.

i am not sure if this really improves performance (and if it improves
it, its only a minor improvement), but it gives some convenience to the
ringbuffer user.

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language