[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] Audio* Project Needs a Developer or Two

Nick nicktsocanos at charter.net
Thu Apr 10 22:12:00 UTC 2003

> this is a request, not a condition. therefore, it doesn't change the
> license in any way.

Honestly, I don't care if people send me back changes or not. I am just
doing this for fun. I made it open source mostly to share the wealth. I
do not really always understand fully what the open source movement is
about, it makes me wonder why people work so hard for free for people
who don't care sometimes. But it's all for fun and to be a part of
something. I think that's cool, and maybe I don't fully understand what
the movement is about, but I like the fact that people are expressing
themselves this way. SO I want to express myself to and make a few
friends out there is all. I am real mellow with this license stuff, I
just want to be protected, and be able to express myself without
worrying about legal issues. There are people with nothing else to do
but be d***s and find you out and sue you because they don't want you to
be free and express yourself. They want to take away your freedoms.
Gotta fight them!

I think GPL will be fine. I know some people don't like Port AUdio
License, so I am dropping it. I will be dropping Port Audio soon and
going to Jack instead.Port Audio was for Windows, but I am completely
dropping Windows support and going to embrace what Linux has to offer
and make it work the best for that platform.

I appreciate all of your feedback.

--
Nick <nicktsocanos at charter.net>