[linux-audio-dev] Re: Bye list...

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Sat Apr 12 13:18:01 UTC 2003

Hi Nick,

>For something different I read this:
>
>(this list).. " Home page for the low-latency hard-realtime audio application gurus. The LAD group also develops API standards to promote interoperability between audio application .. "
>
>oops, I thought you were a bunch of hobbyist like me. I didn't realize
>this was for such serious talk.
>
>I'll leave this list be from here out, but thanks for your pointers and
>helping me get started.

No, no, no, no! Nick, I'm pretty sure you are taking the quote waaaay to
seriously.
If you are making sound applications you definately belong on this list.
To be truthful I've not not programmed any sound applications at all
(not open source anyway), but I still think I belong here just because
it is a very dear interest of mine.
There are about 600 subscribers to this list, I'm sure some of them
actually live up to the the quote above (and I'm grateful), but most
people don't have a clue. And I actually think that is the way it should be.
Atleast to me, this list definately isn't an elite, invitation only,
meeting place for initiated. Rather it's a meeting place for friendly
people with a common interest, mainly sound apps and linux.

As for for some encouragement to you, Nick, I've always admired people
who are able to keep on working on a project of this magnitude until it
actually is _something_, just because they want to! I saw your
announcement about your recent audio application project, and am very
impressed with the scope of the project, I haven't tried it myself so I
don't know how much you've got in place, but it seems like it will be
one impressive software (if it isn't already). (with that in mind it's
even harder for me to imagine that you don't belong in here, you
certainly surpass my own accomplishments towards infinity.)

So.... If you have unsubscribed already, resubscribe! And keep up the
good work! :-)

Regards,
Robert