[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Hosting

ian deviant at custard.org
Wed Apr 16 16:13:01 UTC 2003

the simplest way to determine if an algorithm is likely to be an effect or
not is just to count the number of audio input and audio output ports.
e.g. if you just want to do single channel effects, you might want to
limit your app to using plugins with one audio input and one audio output.
you can find out this info from the ladspa descriptor by stepping through
all the plugin ports and counting the required types. the plugin sdk has
example code for all of this, and can be found at www.ladspa.org.
there's not much else you can do to find out how a plugin works inside.
personally i don't think it's necessary to limit things any more than that
- you might be stopping the user from doing something cool! and if it
doesn't sound good the user can just move on to the next plugin.
ian