[linux-audio-dev] A C++ question

Nick Tsocanos nicktsocanos at charter.net
Fri Apr 18 13:50:01 UTC 2003

> You always need a virtual destructor in the class if you do inhertance.
> Otherwise upon destruction of the derived class, the baseclass destructor
> will not be called.

Oops, yep, I forgot that, those were just quickies to demonstrate what I
was meaning.

GCC will warn you that the class doesn't have a virtual destructor.

Hrmm, it seems these problems are not C++ problems but something to do
with KDevelop studio. Today, it just went berzerk, and kept saying ld
could not load anymore files. I closed the program, opened it again, and
it ran and compiled fine.

I think KDevelop studio has a few bugs in it still.

Anyways thanks for the help  but I think I discovred it's not a C++
problem but something to do with my IDE.