[linux-audio-dev] How can you make Jack always available?

Nick Tsocanos nicktsocanos at charter.net
Mon Apr 21 10:39:00 UTC 2003

Hello,
How can I make Jackd always run? Right now I have to set it up in a
console window. I'd like to learn how to run it always at startup and
not have to start/stop it when I need it.

Also how do you use Jack in real-time mode? In order to run it I have to
be root, but if I run it as root, nobody else can see Jack unless they
are also root.

I wish somebody would write a Jack-HOWTO so dummies like me can figure
out how to run this thing.

Thanks