[linux-audio-dev] Moog VCF (was: New LADSPA Plugin)

Dr. Matthias Nagorni mana at suse.de
Mon Apr 28 09:22:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:

> It contains three versions of the 24 dB/oct lowpass Moog VCF, in which
> I try to emulate some of the non-linear behaviour of the original.

This filter is much better than the one currently used in in the VCF of
AlsaModularSynth. It's the best open source implementation of the Moog VCF
that I know of. I highly recommend users of AlsaModularSynth to replace
any VCF module in a patch by the third Moog VCF of Alfons' LADSPA plugins.

I have recorded some samples of an original analogue Moog filter (Minimoog
Voyager) available at ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mana/moog_samples
for comparison.

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni