[linux-audio-dev] Disksampler, AES preprints + CMJ papers needed

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Thu Aug 7 14:27:00 UTC 2003

Hello.

Some progress has happened in the search for the prior art to so
called gigasampler patent. That search has been my background
project for a few years so far. There has been great interests
in that technology among free, open source software developers
(like me).

I would now like to go through AES conference preprints and
Computer Music Journal articles.

Anyone has AES preprints in PDF format and could upload the
conference preprints from years 1978 up to 1997 to our FTP site
at "ftp://ftp.funet.fi/incoming/audio/"? For multiple times,
I have requested AES for some cost friendly deal as I don't
have $600 for their PDF library discs. There seems to be no
compromizes even I have had good suggestions.

Anyone has AES preprints in PDF format but are not willing to
upload anything? Would you volunteer to go through all preprints
 from year 1978 up to 1997? Yes, that is a major job, but I *cannot*
volunteer myself if nobody gives me the preprints.

There are many AES preprint which would be useful in open source
development --- I would check the preprint in that context as well
at the same efforts.

I have also requested CMJ issues in PDF format, but got no reply
 from the publisher. I don't think the articles are in PDF format,
but they should be --- there are many good papers useful today
for open source software developers. Anyone in Finland has CMJ
issues starting from the early issues? I could come and check them
through.

Of course, anyone who has CMJ issues could volunteer and go through
all the issues so that I don't have to.

Best regards,

Juhana