[linux-audio-dev] Should the list be members-only?

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Thu Aug 14 09:05:01 UTC 2003

Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson at dataductus.se> writes:

> There is some crossposting occuring that, atleast sometimes, is
> worth while. If the list is closed this won't be possible if not all
> senders are members of all the mailinglists, and that is hardly the
> purpose.

This actually works fairly well already (in reverse).

I did reply-all to a message sent to both LAD and LAU (without
realizing it) back when I was not subscribed to LAU.  I got a sensible
response saying that since I was not subscribed my message was
awaiting moderator approval.  The moderator approved my message after
perhaps half a day.

Once I realized what had happened, I subscribed to LAU as well.
Problem solved.  :-)

So, I would vote++ for the suggestion to moderate non-member postings.
--
  Jack O'Quin
  Austin, Texas, USA