[linux-audio-dev] softsynth SDK

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Aug 19 04:21:00 UTC 2003

Hallo,
nikodimka hat gesagt: // nikodimka wrote:

> >Well, why not extend some of the existing softsynths? That's what I
> >do: Because I'm too lazy to write gui code I write Pd externals. The
> >GUI part can be quickly done inside Pd (and every other user could do
> >their own). jMax or SSM also come to mind
>
> Its only a half of solution.
> Can I "compile" or "render" the resulting engine into single
> executable?
> I feel pretty uncomfortable when instead of using a small
> self-contained synth I have to load its guts into editing
> environment.

I don't quite see why you want or what you mean with "a single
executable". For example Pd is a single executable. It only loads and
runs the objects one uses in a certain patch. If the small Tk GUI of
Pd really is too much for a machine then it is possible to run without
it.

For a compiled language SFront might be used, where in the end the
synth description is actually compiled with a C compiler into a synth.

ciao