[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA port hints again!

Mike Rawes mike_rawes at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 28 16:17:00 UTC 2003

> /* Property LADSPA_PORT_CONTINUOUS_CONTROL indicates that the port is
>    a control port with data supplied at audio rate. */
> #define LADSPA_PORT_CONTINUOUS_CONTROL        0x10

In a modular synth context there isn't a real difference between this
and an audio port - there is no reason why an audio output should not be
connected to a continuous control input for example. Where a distinction
*is* needed is for correctly mapping audio streams in an effect chain in
hosts such as Ardour, Jack-Rack and Ecasound. For this reason, I think
this would be better expressed as a hint rather than as a port type.

-
Myk