[linux-audio-dev] [OT] linux audio on PPCi

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 10:12:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 11:42:16 +0100, vincent.touquet at pandora.be wrote:
> I am contemplating buying a laptop of some sort, to develop on.
> I was wondering how many of you are using an x86 laptop and how
> many are using a ppc laptop :)
>
> It looks to me as if Apples laptops are rock solid and don't suffer
> from buggy ACPI to start with. Or is this extra quality just a myth ?

I'm probably getting a powerbook for my next machine - they are well built
(a lot of people run them at work), the screens are not particularly high
res, but they make up for than in weight.

The newer ones require kernel 2.6 AFAICT to get the video running
properly, but that shouldn't be a huge problem. I haven't check up to see
if suspend is working properly - thats a crucial isue for me.

I guess the more of us who buy them the quicker the endianness problems
will be fixed, ppc-linux-audio-user? :)

- Steve