[linux-audio-dev] Linux Security Module for realtime audio

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Wed Dec 10 22:17:53 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 15:45, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Updating 120 GTK+ sliders (as a consequence of a patch change) took
> >several seconds before I made the gtk thread SCHED_RR. I would call that
> >a missed visual deadline, No?
>
> no, i'd call it an error in the toolkit or your own code. i have no
> idea which. what version of GTK+ are you using, and are they regular
> GTK+ sliders?

The sluggish behaviour was with GTK-1.2

I have reasently changed to GTK-2.2 and pulled out my attempts at
working around some of the shortcomings in 1.2 (slider values were
upside down, mousewheel moved in the wrong direction)

So I tried just now to take away SCHED_RR in the GUI. It works
reasonably well. Problem solved :)

cheers // Jens M Andreasen