[linux-audio-dev] Beatboxing rsynth-2.0

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 15 16:55:36 UTC 2003

Hallo,
will at malefactor.org hat gesagt: // will at malefactor.org wrote:

> I modified rsynth-2.0 to make it able to beatbox. It's very cool,
> especially since rsynth is so small and easy to set up.
>
> You can get the (very small) patch at http://malefactor.org/rsynth-bbox.tar.gz
> An MP3 demo is up at http://malefactor.org/bbox.mp3

Hhm, somehow this wouldn't work out here:

./say -r 22050 ck see ck he
Actual sound rate: 22050
Spelling 'ck'
Spelling 'ck'
write: No such file or directory

But it seems not to be the fault of your patch, I get the same with
the standard "say"...

Nevertheless, I though: Hey, Pd should be able to do that, too, and
indeed, there is this ratts library for Pd, that can do speech.

Then I worked a bit on it with Pd, and this is, what came out:

http://footils.org/cms/

The track is "goondah" and it was done with the Speakerboxx patch
that I uploaded to pure-data.org

Have fun.

ciao