[linux-audio-dev] PTAF link and comments

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 5 11:05:00 UTC 2003

>> you might be suprised to know that i agree with you :) thats partly
>> why i wrote LCP (the LADSPA Control Protocol), and am adding support
>> for it to Ardour as we speak. it doesn't avoid the IPC you fear
>> between the GUI and the DSP code, but it does allow plugin authors to
>> create GUIs using whatever tools they want to.
>
>Horay, I'l dust off my LCP code. We still need to solve the service
>discovery problem, but that is mild.

my current plan:

 string potential_lcp_executable = LADSPA_PATH + '/' +  plugin_id +  ".lcp";

 if (access (potential_lcp_executable, X_OK)) {
        char *args[6];
        args[0] = potential_lcp_executable;
	args[1] = "--host";
	args[2] = my_lcp_host_name;
	args[3] = "--plugin";
	args[4] = some_local_identifier_for_plugin;
	args[5] = 0;
        fork_and_exec (potential_lcp_executable, args);
 }

any thoughts?