[linux-audio-dev] (OT) C++ flame war

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-lad at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 5 19:05:01 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:32:35 +1100
Conrad Parker <conrad at vergenet.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 01:23:41PM -0500, David O'Toole wrote:
> >
> > Ok, I'll stop now, this is off-topic :-)
>
> for an on-topic rant, see Erik de Castro Lopo's interview on mstation.org:
>
>   http://mstation.org/erikdecl.php
>
> where he discusses the OO design of libsndfile and libsamplerate
> (surely two of the most rock-solid audio libraries ever!)

Errr, I just found out that there is a bug in libsamplerate when using
the SRC_LINEAR and SRC_ZERO_ORDER_HOLD converters in conjunction with
the src_process () conversion method. I am currently trying to find a
little time to look into this properly.

BTW, there's also an interview with some guy writing some sort of hybrid
DJing / sound file editor application :-).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)