[linux-audio-dev] why is no-one responding are you all just a bunch of &*^%&^%^& wits???

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Feb 12 09:36:00 UTC 2003

>I think if (if) the Ardour developers are _expecting_ quality feedback
>from normal users (not just programmers) at this stage, they should
>provide tarballs of the stable CVS snapshots they want to be tested.
>
>But maybe they want to wait for 1.0 before letting endusers test it?
>In that case, maybe you tried to use it too early in its development ?
>I think they honestly appreciate your effort to participate, there
>should be no doubt about that, but maybe Ardour is still changing too
>rapidly for you to be able to track it.

this is completely correct.

there is nobody on the ardour-dev mailing list with the time to
provide hand-holding for the compile process. i want everything about
building ardour right now to shout at you "if you can't do this, give
up!".

nobody in their right minds expects endusers to use CVS, let alone
have all the auto-tools installed on their systems with the precise
mix of versions required for this crappy but irreplaceable set of
tools to work right.

when ardour is ready for end users, binaries will be available. until
then, if you can't build it and nobody answers your questions quickly,
take that as a sign that (1) you should wait and (2) people are busy
working on cool new features.

--p