[linux-audio-dev] Re: why is no-one responding are you all just a bunch of &*^%&^%^& wits???

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Wed Feb 12 12:34:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 11:49:08AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
(cut)
>jazz++ has been around for a long time, and is available as a
>binary. why isn't it widely loved and used? because it really isn't
>very good. i know that i tried to use it many times, and found it,
>well, frankly i found it completely awful.

That was sadly my impression too.

(cut)
>when ardour is in a state where i believe (rightly or wrongly) that a
>reasonably typical target user can sit down and just use it without
>encountering bugs when recording a typical 12-32 track piece, there
>will be binaries.

I think that is a good policy.

Hm, I see these emails get cross-posted all over alsa-dev and ardour-dev
too :/

The last thing I want to say is that I hope we can make a mends to this
"bad vibe" mostly based on false expectations, yet good intentions.
The last thing is what counts.

regards,
vincent